hello, world.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Sim City


On my Sunday night flight back from Dublin to London, the plane flew directly over London. You could see everything so clearly...the London Eye, the Houses of Parliment, Oxford Street...I could even see my block of flats. Everything was so clear and minitarized; it was like a scene straight out of Sim City!

I suddenly had a strong urge to play that game again. What an awesome game. You had to build your city from scratch, with roads, powerlines, police stations, etc., and all to budget, all while dealing with the chaos of the occasional natural disaster. And those citizens of Sim City were picky bastards, too; no residential zones next to industrial zones for them! and Where were their parks! I think I usually got bad press in the papers and went bankrupt within a couple 'years', but our neighbor gave us the secret cheat code for 200,000,000 extra dollars; with all that extra money, I was the best mayor ever!

Ofcourse, you'd ineviteably get bored of being so awesome, and just start commanding all sorts of disasters...fires, earthquakes, floods, even large monsters, to watch your city being destroyed. It was a great game, that Sim City.

1 Comments:

Blogger free berde said...

i LOVED that game!

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home