hello, world.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

touchdown!

So I've been playing touch rugby for a couple weeks now, and I'm finding it pretty entertaining. Last night we won our game 10-0 because the other team didn't show up; sweet, now our record is 2-1-1. I, however, was disappointed, because I was promised that if we were up on the other team, I could score a try and then slam down the ball screaming 'TOUCH DOWN!!!!' and do some sort of TD celebration, perhaps T.O. style. This whole planned act was actually building off of my first week attempted score where I ran the ball into the endzone, but was so delighted with myself that I didn't recongize the screaming pleas of my teammates to 'PUT THE BALL DOWN!'. To score in rugby, you have to put the ball down in the endzone in a controlled fashion. Whoops.

In other news, work is the same as usual..nothing interesting. The ultimate season is gearing up; we went to copenhagen a couple weeks ago and it was a great tournament..got to play lots of national teams. It was my first tournament experience playing teams who don't speak english to each other, which was really stragne. I realized how much I actually listen to the other teams comments, and it annoyed me when I couldn't tell what the other team was planning. The best was the germans, though. Einszweidriewlkjfoiauelkrjek BREAK dfadlkfuoaije;fk HUCK dlfkajieffjek . In the midst of garbled shouting, you would hear these random english frisbee words..very amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home