my resolve to post
After a couple slow days at work, I've found myself catching up on loads of blogs that I used to read regularly while I was still at school. And what entertainment! I don't think I would have made it through the week without this distraction of drama posts and reading new, distantly connected to me, people's blogs. Because honestly, gmail and the superficial just aren't providing enough distraction of late...I'm just not that popular and celebrities are being boring.
Anyway, after reading alot of well written, articulate blogs, I decided that I needed to something about my vocabulary and ability to articulate myself. Since I've started working, I've noticed a significant increase in my inability to recall precise words; you know, those words that sum up a full sentence description in one neat package. I've also noticed that my ability to form articulate sentences has also suffered since I've started working. I'm not certain what the cause is, but I'm going to partly attribute it to the lack of writing I've done since I've started working. Not that I would have ever described myself as a writer during college, but I think I definitely wrote more emails, more papers, etc., and I think the non-casual writing really improved my ability to recall words and to clearly organise my thoughts when speaking. Silly? maybe. But I'm going to go ahead and try out my theory : more focused writing (and wow, we all know how focused blog posts are, but its better than nothing!) equals better all around coherent speaking ability.
Oh yea, and my other reason for posting...it will be cool to read this in a couple years and remember small moments that I experienced while in the prime of my youth. It's crazy to think how many memories your brain holds in the back of your mind..unaccessible to your active everyday memory, but just waiting back there until something triggers it to come out. Crazy crazy.
Allright, I'll stop my ramblings for the day and get back to some bracing forces and moments. YA! I do generally like my job alot, but some days are just hard to get through. I think thats a general symptom of working though, not my current job. Oh the days when I could take a nap after class and go toss on the lawn. Ah. I do miss it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home